We are thrilled to have Dr. Ron Paulus, President and CEO of Mission Health, as our Grand Marshall for the 2014 Walk a Mile Asheville.
Dr. Paulus will be leading the men and women walking on May 3rd to support Our VOICE in the 5th Annual Walk A Mile Asheville.
A huge thank you to Dr. Paulus and Mission Health!
Check out these amazing events that are going on throughout the month of April in anticipation for the Walk on May 3rd. A huge thank you to all of the businesses that believe in the work we are doing to support survivors and end sexual violence. We look forward to seeing you out and showing these places some LOVE!
Burial Beer Happy Hour Event – Thursday April 3rd 5-7pm – a portion of sales for a special Walk a Mile brew support Our VOICE
CrossFit WOD a Mile - Saturday April 5th 9am – 12 – registration cost supports Our VOICE – register here – CFE
Altamont Brewery Happy Hour Event – Saturday April 12th 4-8pm – a portion of sales for a special Walk a Mile brew support Our VOICE – there will also be awesome food available from the Smash Box food truck!
Decorate Your Shoes at Wine & Design – Sunday April 27th 12-5pm – bring your shoes for the Walk to decorate with paint, glitter, and fun – light snacks and wine – family friendly!
We will be posting more about these events in the coming weeks on our Facebook feed (if you are not our friend yet – what are you waiting for?)
Early Bird Registration is now Open!
This begins the 2 month count-down to the 5th Annual Walk a Mile Asheville.
Do you think Greg from The Hop is excited? We sure are! REGISTER NOW!
- Crossfit Pisgah is hosting a Walk a Mile Photo shoot on Wednesday February 19th from 4-5 at their location in the River Arts District (across from White Duck Taco). We are so thankful for this incredible group and look forward to some amazing pictures.
- We are currently accepting nominations for the coveted Walk a Mile Asheville Grand Marshall! Nominations will then be voted on and the one with the most votes will be rewarded by leading hundreds of men in heels for the Walk on May 3rd. Please send nominations to email@example.com or follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/ourvoicenc)
- Sponsorship Updates – Tupelo Honey has joined us again this year as a Wedge Sponsor – show them some love by visiting one of their SIX locations!
- Ready to register and get your team together? Early bird registration begins March 1st!
Are you ready for the 5th Annual Walk a Mile In Her Shoes?! We are and we would love your help in underwriting the cost of this event so that all funds raised can go directly to supporting victims of sexual violence. The Walk a Mile was voted one of the best Special Events in Asheville according to the Mountain Xpress and the media coverage that it receives is always wonderful.
Why not take the next step to show Asheville & Buncombe County that you stand with the Men in Heels and want to create a safer community for everyone. By being a sponsor you can help us end sexual violence in our community and beyond!
Our VOICE is accepting submissions for logos for the 2014 Walk a Mile In Her Shoes event.
The winning logo will be awarded $200!
The logo must use the phrase “Walk a Mile” and incorporate Our VOICE.
The deadline for submissions is Friday November 15, 2013 – please email high-resolution format logos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions become property of Our VOICE. Please call us at (828) 252-0562 if you have any questions.
Good luck and GET PUMPED UP!
A huge THANK YOU to all of the men and women who participated in the 4th Annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes. Our amazing Walkers raised $35,000 for Our VOICE and this goes directly to serving men and women affected by sexual violence. We are so grateful for the community support around this event and can’t wait to see you again next year as we celebrate 40 years of serving Buncombe County!
Top Individual Fundraiser = Adrian Vassallo, Dixon Hughes Goodman
Top Team Fundraiser = Make Noise
Top Individual Finisher = Adrian Vassallo, Dixon Hughes Goodman
Top Team Finisher = The Hop Ice Cream Cafe
Most Spirited Individual = David Cohen
Most Spirited Team = Appalachian Foot and Ankle
Check back for photos soon or visit the Our VOICE Facebook page!
Over here at Our VOICE we are up to our necks in awesome WAM t-shirts, registrations pouring in, Firstgiving tallies… but most of all crazy large women’s shoes! We hope that you are gearing up for the Walk as well and look forward to seeing you this Saturday rain or shine (though I am pretty sure it is going to be shine!)
If I can’t convince you to join us… maybe Sheriff Van Duncan can… (check out his sensible pumps!)
Looking for a way to show off your heels even BEFORE the Walk a Mile?
Join us this Friday April 19th from 7-10pm at The Arcade in downtown Asheville (130 College Street) for some pre-Walk revelry!
- Purchase your shoes (Hip Replacements will be there with a new shipment of very large shoes – men’s size 13+)
- Get your picture taken lookin’ awesome in your shoes (thanks to Cindy from CLicKs Photography who will be there)
- Get your grove on with live music, snacks and drinks!
This guy (Kip from Hip Replacements with customized pin strip heels) is definitely Pumped Up!